Sunday 14 November 2010

The dream

I've had all sorts of pedal bikes from big downhill bikes to bmx's, cross country bikes to jump bikes but i haven't yet had a chopper. I plan to change that and get my hands on a chopper and ride it as fast as i can.

So after seeing a friend with a chopper years ago i wanted to try and build my own chopper. Most chopper bicycles have one gear and only V-brakes. I wanted to change that. I want a Chopper bicycle with Disc brakes and Gears. So one night i began thinking how could i build it and come up with a design:
Now i had the drawing it was time to get some parts so i got online and ordered two big 203mm disc rotors and one big fat rear cruiser tyre. I got some second hand wheels of a friend of mine and also some brake calipers. While waiting for the post i marked out my chopper on a piece of cardboard to scale up and stuff. The wheels were 26" which are bigger that the usuall chopper bike sizes. This is what it looked like:

Next thing is start to fit the rotors to the wheels and fit the big tyre and find a tyre for the front wheel

No comments:

Post a Comment